Monday, July 15, 2013

Tabbatha Smith's final speech

It was time for Tabbatha Smith's final speech. She was, as promised, going on without any staff. She had written her speech herself and she hoped it wasn't lackluster.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the CUP," She started, her voice a bit wobbly, before she gained her confidence. "I come to you with three things as reminders of why you should vote for me."

She paused, then, "The first is my record. My record is plain for all to see: I have preserved religious freedom. I have preserved the display of our Ten Commandments in federal buildings. I have preserved the swearing-in of politicians on the Bible." The crowd applauded and Ms. Smith beamed before continuing. "I had shown that those wishing to destroy our religious liberties cannot--and will not--be successful." Another wave of applause.

"The second thing is the vow. Of the four years I took the vow, only one large lie has been perpetrated by me: the lies in the debate and my first speech. As you are aware, I fired my staff, which was urging me to lie." A few murmurs of agreement could be heard.

"The final thing I'd like to cover is religion. As you're aware, in my last debate, I said that religion will die out on its own." A few murmurs engulfed the crowd. "But this is where you come in. By acting tolerant, regardless of species, creed, color, or lifestyle. This is the main message of our religion." The crowd erupted in applause and Ms. Smith beamed again. "If we keep going down the path we are already on, the only thing I can do with religion is preserve it. If we get rid of the hate, we can--and should--not only preserve religion, but see it prosper!" The crowd rose to their feet. "Thank you. Good night! And God Bless the CUP and Mutanatia!"

No comments:

Post a Comment